Thursday, August 27, 2020

Academic Article Just Published: Women in Interfaith Dialogue

Hello, friends! 

I am very happy to share that I have just had an academic article published this week in the Journal of Interreligious Studies (JIRS). My piece is called, "Women in Religious Leadership and Interfaith Dialogue: The Challenges Faced and Possible Solutions."

It appears in a special edition of the journal in which all of the articles are authored by Russell Berrie alumni (Russell Berrie being the fellowship program I did in Rome my year after college, back in 2013-2014). They published this special Russell Berrie edition to celebrate 10 years of the Russell Berrie Fellowship program, and I was honored to be invited to contribute a piece.

It was important to me to bring some of the challenges I have seen and faced in these spaces to the forefront, because I care so much about this work and want to make sure we fully include as many people as possible who want to join us. I am hopeful that the issues I raise help us move forward on some of these issues, so that we can find ways to offer fuller participation to women and others in the multifaith spaces in which I work. 

Please feel free to comment below if you have any thoughts on this topic, ideas for how we can improve diversity in these spaces, notes on things I missed, or anything else that comes to mind.

Direct link to article: Allyson's Article in Issue 30 of JIRS

Link to all the articles in this issue: Entirety of Issue 30 of JIRS

Now go out and love one another.

<3,

Allyson



No comments:

Interfaith and the Environment: Quoted in a Zoroastrian Publication

Hello, friends. Last August, I attended the Parliament of the World's Religions in Chicago and was excited to present on a few panels wi...